You see when we listen to our body and the messages she is giving us, she will always work with you, and never against you. Now, when ever I feel like I am in a ‘funk’ whether it is in the middle of the day at my desk while I’m working, or with my exercise regime, or even in my relationships, I learn to embrace them, and I know, that it is just another opportunity to give my mind, body and soul what it really needs, not what I think it needs.
You need to break the ‘funk’ you are in by doing something else, even if it is only for 20 minutes!
So here are 6 ways you can bust out of a ‘funk’ any day and time of the week, and restore your energy:
1. 10-20 Minute Meditation – Meditation is my go-to for almost everything! It will help to centre your thoughts and give you clarity in moments of frustration. The next time you are feeling like the answers just aren’t coming to you, or your feeling a sense of overwhelm because you have too many tabs open in your mind (as some would say), take 10-20 minutes of stillness, and almost instantly, you will feel centred again, and crystal clear about your next step
2. Take a walk in nature or a dip in the ocean – I can’t tell you enough how good this is for the soul. Instead of stressing about what you have to organise next, which email you need to send next at work, what to cook for dinner, what great invention you are going to birth in to the world next, and which one to even start first, just take a step outside and connect with mother nature, even if it is only for half an hour. I guarantee when you return back to your tasks, you will almost instantly just flow back in to it with ease
3. Listen to some music – As Taylor Swift would say, shake it off! It is scientifically proven that music, depending on what kind, can trigger certain emotions in your body. So listening to your favourite tunes, and busting out a grove for a couple of songs, will instantly uplift your vibrations and energy, putting you in a better mood and mindset. And we all know, the more positive and happier we feel, the more productive we become, and the more clarity we feel
4. Read a book for 20 minutes – As I said before, one of the quickest ways to gain clarity and focus on a task if we have lost it, is to distract ourselves from that very task for a short period of time, and then return back to it. Have you ever over analysed, or spent time over thinking something for so long, that it just becomes one big blur, and the more you try to push and make sense of it, the less sense its starts to make? Yep, we have all been there sister! This is why in these moments, your body is telling you it needs something else. And most of the time, it needs something that is going to fill you up. This might mean taking a short break to read a few pages of the book you are currently reading
5. Write down 3 things you are grateful for – If you have been following me for a while now, you know that gratitude is one thing I talk about A LOT, and for a very good reason….Gratitude is the key to your happiness, and it can take all of about 2 minutes! Sometimes when we feel like something isn’t going our way, just stop and turn inward, and write down three things that you are grateful for in that moment. It may be the heavenly coffee you just had, it might be the hugs you received from your loved one or kids this morning, it may be for the warmth of the sunshine outside, anything! Just change your focus to what you are grateful for and instantly you will feel alive
6. Put things in to perspective – As human beings, we tend to over dramatise a situation to the point it seems impossible to deal with. We find ourselves saying ‘Oh my gosh, I have soooo much to to, its ridiculous!’ When in fact we really don’t. It is just a matter of putting everything in to perspective. Prioritising what is super important, to what can wait. And believe me, there is always something that can wait. So the next time you are feeling in a ‘funk’ just step away from what you are doing, and write down everything you wish to get done. When you get it out of your head and on to paper, you are then giving yourself more headspace for what matters. You will also find most of the time, there isn’t a whole lot you need to do either, but because it isn’t in front of you, it seems like a lot. Mental junk is just as blocking as physically clutter! So get everything out, and then decide what is really important, what will make you feel truly fulfilled if you do it today, and what can wait until tomorrow. Doing this will always give you a sense of ease again instead of overwhelm and angst.
Are you diggin’ this post girlfriend? There is plenty more where that came from!
Join my incredible tribe filled with hundreds of amazing women like yourself, and you will receive my ‘Wednesday Wisdom’ post straight to your inbox every week.
You will also instantly receive my
‘Self-love Quiz & Self-Love Starter Kit‘
for FREE just because I freaking love you!
Share the love…!
If you feel someone else needs to hear this today, then please share away! And as always, thank you so much for being in this space with me, sharing so wholeheartedly.
AN INTIMATE SELF-MASTERY AND LIFE-OVERHAUL 8 WEEK BOOTCAMP
For a select group of women who are truly ready to turn their LOVE, LIFE and HEALTH around.
I AM OPENING UP 10 SPOTS ONLY!
WHAT WOULD IT MEAN TO YOU, TO HAVE THE TOOLS TO…
STEP IN TO YOUR TRUE AUTHENTIC, POWERFUL SELF, MASTER YOUR EGO AND INNER CRITIC, LIVE A HEART-CENTERED, AND ON PURPOSE LIFE THAT TRULY FILLS YOUR SOUL, ACHIEVE YOUR HEALTH AND WELLNESS GOALS, FORM BEAUTIFUL FRIENDSHIPS AND ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS, AND BUILD AN UNBREAKABLE BOND WITH YOURSELF TO MANIFEST THE LIFE YOU DESIRE ?REGISTER YOUR INTEREST