What do I mean by this? Well I mean to make any change in your life you need to be aware that change has to be made.
As humans, we tend to go through life complaining about things that we aren’t happy about. And they are always the same things!, right? We carry the same negative thoughts, emotions and beliefs, and hope for a better outcome or for change to happen. We are all guilty of it (yes even me!)
Here is the thing…
Until you are aware of your negative thoughts, emotions and beliefs, you cannot change them. This means becoming CRYSTAL CLEAR on what it is YOU are doing that is holding you back in your life whether it be financially, mentally, spiritually, physically, in your relationships, at work, where ever. Your sabotaging beliefs and stories are not your reality, but they will become your reality if you let them, and more importantly, if you don’t change them.
So why do we struggle to make change? Here are FOUR reasons:
1. We are in denial – We do not want to admit that we need to make change. This might be because we have fear around change, or we just don’t want to. It is easier to stay in our comfort zone even though we aren’t happy. Crazy right?
2. We aren’t aware we need to make change – This goes back to the purpose of my blog today. If we aren’t even aware that we need to make a change, then how are we supposed to act upon it? We can’t change what we cannot see right? This is where a coach comes in really handy, because they can shine a light on your ‘blind spots’ so to speak
3. We don’t want to make change – This is a big one! Sometimes we may KNOW that we need to change, we are completely aware of what we are doing to sabotage ourselves, but that isn’t enough. If we don’t want to change, then we won’t. You, first and foremost have to want to change for yourself, not for anyone else. You are the only person that can create change for yourself, and if you don’t want it, it doesn’t matter what anyone else wants for you, it won’t happen
4. We justify why we don’t need to make change (normally to make ourselves feel better) – Sound a little familiar? Here is an example of what I am talking about.
You know that person that REALLY wants to lose 20kg, but they keep making unhealthy food choices? Then you ask them about it and they say ‘Oh, I don’t have take-out ALL the time though. Only 3 times a week when I am really rushed!’ Sound like someone you know, or maybe even yourself?
Now we all know take – out three times a week is NOT good for us, and won’t get our friend their 20kg weight loss..
This is what we call justifying our actions. This means coming up with reason as to why we aren’t making change, and then justifying it to make ourselves feel better about it. We say to ourselves, ‘I am not doing X today because Y happened and that is ok’
Here are 4 simple steps to take if you know you need to make a change in your life.
1. Admit it- Yes this means admitting you are unhappy with all of, or something in your life. Stop being in denial and allow yourself to create change for the better, because you are worthy of it girl.
2. Become aware of what you need to change and why – Really take note of where your thoughts are majority of the time on a daily basis. Are they negative or positive? What is no longer serving you and why? What habits do you need to change? A journal is a really good way of getting out everything in your head on to paper so you can physically see it for yourself. Reality check! You also need to find out what is your WHY? Why do you want change? At the end of the day, your WHY is what is going to be your biggest motivation to change. Finding out your why is so important.
3. Justify no more! – Ok so I know this one is hard. But if you want change, your gonna have to put down your justify flag and just take responsibility. When you can do this you will feel so much more power, freedom and self-expression in all areas of your life.
4. Take Action! – Enough complaining, more changing. Write down the steps you need to take to make a change and tick them off as you go. Hold yourself accountable for it. Start positive affirmations on a daily basis and create what it is you DO want, not what it is you DON’T want.[line]
Share the love…!
Do you struggle to create change in your life? If so why? And if you find it easy to create change then share with me below! Hundreds of women head here everyday, I would love for you to share your insights and help each other!
If you know someone that would benefit from reading this blog today, then share the love gorgeous!
I now have a ‘Do It Yourself’ option for my 28 day Unleash Your Inner Warrior Program! This means you can start when ever you like and go at your own pace with email support from me the whole way through the program.
Start today for $69! Click HERE
Do you live in Sydney? Would you like to spend an intimate evening with me and connect/make friendships with other amazing women like yourself? Enjoy a meditation, herbal tea, juicy discussions and have all of your most pressing questions answered? Then this evening is for you and it is happening Monday 18th May!
Click HERE to reserve your spot for $20!
Spaces limited to 20 people!